Tel: 0115 936 3469
E-mail Professor Denis Peach
- 2007–date: Chief Scientist, British Geological Survey
- 2000–2007: Manager, Groundwater Programme, British Geological Survey
- 1997–2000: Manager, Hydrogeology Group, British Geological Survey
- 1995–1997: Chief Hydrogeologist, McDowells Ltd / Southern Water Global
- 1992–1995: Chief Hydrogeologist, Travers Morgan Ltd
- 1988–1992: Chief Technical Advisor, UNDTCD Water Resources Management, Bahamas
- 1985–1988: Senior Hydrologist, Mineral Resources Department, Fiji (seconded from BGS)
- 1984: Completion of PhD, University of Birmingham
- 1981–1984: Senior Hydrologist, British Aid, Fiji
- 1979–1981: Commercial Manager and Director, Robertson Research Engineering Services Ltd
- 1972–1979: Hydrogeologist, Anglian Water Authority
- 1971–1972: MSc Hydrogeology, University of Birmingham
- 1968–1971: BSc (Hons) Geology, University of Birmingham
- 1962–1968: King Henry VIII School, Coventry
- Chalk Hydrogeology and Groundwater Modelling
- Karst Hydrogeology, Arid Zone Hydrogeology
- Integrated Environmental Modelling
- Science Leadership
- Modelling groundwater flood risk in the Chalk aquifer from future extreme rainfall events — Co-PI NERC Grant — collaboration with Imperial College and Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
- Hydrological Extremes and Feedbacks in the Changing Water Cycle — Co-PI NERC Grant — collaboration with Imperial College, University College and Reading University
- 2005 to date: Honorary Professor in the School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Birmingham
- 2006 to date: Member of the Water Resources Panel of CIWEM
- 2004 to date: Chairman of the Steering Committee of the UK Groundwater Forum (BGS runs secretariat)
- 2008 to date: Editor of ICE Water Management Journal;
- 2003–2005: Vice president of the Geological Society of London
- 2002–2005: Member of the Council of the Geological Society of London
- 2000–2003: Chairman of the Hydrogeological Group of the Geological Society of London
- 1999–2003: Member of the Fellowship and Validation Committee of the Geological Society of London
- 1998–2002: External examiner for the Masters course in Hydrogeology, School of Earth Sciences, University of Birmingham
- External examiner for the degree of Ph.D at the University of Birmingham, Earth Sciences and Civil Eng, University College London, Cardiff University, University of Exeter
- 2001 to date: Supervisor of Ph.D. and MSc students at Imperial College and University College.
Butler, A P, Mathias, S A, Gallagher, A J, Peach, D W, and Williams, A T. 2009. Analysis of flow processes in fractured chalk under pumped and ambient conditions (UK), Hydrogeology Journal vol 17(8), 1848–1858.
Jackson, B M, Brown, C A, Butler, A P, Peach, D W, Wade, A J and Wheater, H S. 2008. Nitrate Transport in Chalk Catchments: Monitoring, modelling and policy implications. Environmental Science and Policy vol 11(2), 125–135
Wheater, H S, Peach, D W and Binley, A. 2007. Characterising Groundwater Dominated Lowland Catchments in the UK Lowland Catchment Research Programme (LOCAR), Hydrol. Earth Syst. Sci. Vol 11 (1), 108–124.
Robins, N S, Rutter, H K, Dumpleton, S, and Peach, D W. 2005. The role of 3D visualisation as an analytical tool preparatory to groundwater modelling. Journal of Hydrology, Vol. 301, 287–295.
Wheater, H S, and Peach, D W. 2004. Developing interdisciplinary science for integrated catchment management: The UK LOwland CAtchment Research (LOCAR) Programme. International Journal of Water Resources Development, Vol. 20, 369–385.
Thomson, A, Hine, P D, Peach, D W, Frost, L and Brook, D. 1998. Subsidence Hazard Assessment as a Basis for Planning Guidance in Ripon. In: Geohazards in Engineeering Geology, Geological Society London, Engineering Geology Special Publications 15, 49–59, Maud J G and Eddleston M (eds)