This team is focused on the development and application of remote sensing, data collection and visualisation technologies to support a wide
range of geoscience applications.
The technologies include:
- photogrammetric and map production systems
- satellite radar interferometry for geohazard measurement
- immersive 3D visualisation for Virtual Field Reconnaissance (GeoVisionary)
- satellite and airborne data tailored to particular applications across the globe and other planets.
- Digital Field Data Capture (DFDC)
- an integrated workflow for geoscientific surveying and visualisation (SIGMA)
The technologies are based on a wide range of data including:
- Landsat, ASTER and Radarsat for UK and international projects
- national baseline data, such as aerial photography and elevation models of the UK
- airborne hyperspectral for mineral waste mapping and future CO2 storage monitoring
- Mars Orbiter Laser Altimeter (MOLA) terrain models with THEMIS day and night thermal imagery
Contact Colm Jordan for more information.